Sunday, March 24, 2019

Very Excited....

 
 Very excited to find the first ever flower on my eucalyptus melliodora (yellow box).
 
She has been in the garden since 2016 and has never produced any flowers before, standing on a ladder I was able to get a clear shot of this first beautiful bloom.
 
Taking another photo aiming upwards she still towered over me, she will grow to a height of around 30metres.
 
The canopy of the tree is absolutely covered in buds just waiting for the moment when they will all push the caps off and open.
 
The yellow box is the considered to be the best native for honey production so I am expecting an invasion of bees and honeyeaters when she is in full flower.
 
 
I am told that the flowers are also very fragrant smelling of honey.
The tiny honey ants are already harvesting the nectar from this one lone flower, I am also looking forward to seeing how many birds she will entice into the garden.
 
Have to say I am looking forward to seeing her blossoming in her full glory and having the intoxicating aroma of honey settling over the garden.... 
 
 
 
 


No comments: