Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Embrace.....

 The embrace of friendship has truly encircled me, after years of attempting to fit in somewhere, anywhere I have finally found my place, with the few special people that have entered my realm this year I can see that all the past suffering was worth it, for the boon of kinship has woven it's embrace around my soul, allowing me to open up and be who I am.
As confidence grows within me I have found the power in saying, thanks, but no thanks to people and situations that do not resonate completely with me, if people or situations do not feel right, I no longer will continue with them out of politeness afraid of hurting someone, I realise that it is only I that I need please, not anyone else, and in staying true to myself suddenly all those who do not fit in my life are now retreating into the shadows of the past, I acknowledge the gifts that all these situations and people granted me, good bad or indifferent each scenario has propelled me to go deeper into my path and to follow my truth, and thus has opened me to paint my life in a more harmonious way.
I had been limiting myself for a long time by validating again and again that no one comes to visit me, well as long as I continued to affirm this, of course no one did, now however I have decided that it is time to open my tiny little oasis to those who truly see me, to allow this selected few to enter my humble world and by doing so, my door is opening to many a smiling face as I allow destiny to infuse my story with the love of friendship after too many years of self inflicted isolation...........



No comments: