Friday, August 03, 2012

As The Road.......

 As the road stretched out before me I felt a heaviness in my heart, a weight that has been growing inside with the ending that is drawing closer.
 They say that home is where the heart is, and I for one know this to be true, preparing for the departure of my dearest and oldest friends from the shores of Australia is proving to be an immensely challenging time for me. 
 As we arrived at the beach for a final walk I fought hard to contain my emotions, silently tears slid down my cheeks, my heart pounding with the intense emotions that I struggled to contain within.
 Our journey here on this planet takes us all in different directions, we all have vastly different paths to walk, yet I have found that this planet can be a lonely and isolating place, especially since I moved to Perth, the isolation of this city has been the toughest challenge of my life.
 Being in the presence of two people who know me so well is something that I will miss more than I can possibly say, yet, I understand completely their need to return home, to family, friends and the beautiful gentle English countryside, yet as I walked along I wondered when we will share times like this again, strolling along in each others company, chatting, taking photos, just being who we are.........










































































No comments: