Monday, April 16, 2012

Yesterday......

Yesterday was spent in the warming embrace of the country, walking in the fields, the sun warming my back, companionship enlivening my soul.
Strolling along as our canine friend frolicked blissfully in front, thoroughly enjoying the magic of the moment.
Stopping to sit for awhile by the dam to drink in the view, she thought perhaps we might have been tempted to wade into the cooling water.
A little confused by our reluctance to join her, she tried giving both of us the "stare" hoping perhaps that this may prompt us into entering the water, to her disappointment though, we were too engrossed in conversation, and,  plus we wanted to enjoy a short walk across the fields before our afternoon gathering began.
Not put off by this, she soon was off running ahead smelling an array of delights left behind from earlier wanderers.
There is something ambrosial about this piece of land, from the very first moment I set foot upon the soil I was connected to it, merged with it is perhaps a better term, it has a heavenly ambience that emanates a cloak that settles itself around you even before you arrive.
Once you come here, you are never the same.
The sky was full of birds, these magnificent Black Cockatoo's flying past in groups, their conversations lifting my soul, the numbers in this flock was thrilling to see, sadly, these regal birds are endangered, their habitat being destroyed by housing and logging, as I watched them pass I asked for their protection, and trusted that they need never hunt for a new home.
Standing below, watching awestruck as more and more followed, a smile plastered across my face, my heart jubilant. 
How utterly astounding they are, watching their feathers working as they flew above me, left me momentarily bewildered at the miracle of flight.

The trees in the distance suddenly too burst into song, perhaps the cockatoo's were sharing interesting news!

Then out of nowhere a Wedged Tailed Eagle glided into view, surfing a thermal of warm air, gracefully dancing against the azure backdrop, now I knew why the bird folk of the surrounding trees had broke into a flurry of excitement, they were warning all, of a ruthless visitor.
The warning was unwarranted though, as the eagle was quite content to just drift along, perhaps like me, the tranquillity was invoking a state of rapture. 
Closer to the tipi I spied this delicate little chap, a Red-capped Robin. Having not sighted a robin since I left England, the sight of him had me chuckling, such a tiny and vibrant fellow, and not at all shy of posing for a photograph.
It was now time to prepare for the day ahead, a period of peace and sharing.
With all the ceremonies that are conducted within the confines of this shelter, standing here alone for a moment I felt encapsulated with love, a pulsating tingle working its way up from the ground, snaking its way through my feet and through the entirety of my body, standing in stillness breathing this feeling in I felt I had finally found my way home.

As the morning gave way to afternoon, all too soon the time had arrived to make my journey home, fulfilled and nourished from a day of integration, I felt that wherever I travel from now on, the tipi travels with me, somehow we are merged.

Driving home through the long straight country roads I was lost in wonder at the glorious beauty that surrounds me, even the sight of electrical wires overhead seemed to disappear from view, all I could see was the mighty Solar orb radiating his loving abundance towards me, a feeling of grace settled within me.

Taking me further away from the ways of the past, and ever closer to returning home........

No comments: