Thursday, April 26, 2012

Spontaneity....

 Spontaneity was the order of the day, having been given a list of 'things to do' yesterday afternoon I  picked my favourite past time of all.
Walking!
 Driving south along the long straight roads the vista of endless trees whizzing by was bliss for my eyes, heart and soul.
 I now venture to the country more frequently, but, I have not gone on a bush walk of this type since living in Australia.
 With the car parked and boots on, it was time to disappear deep into the wonders of this virgin land, the trees looming overhead radiated a serene energy which penetrated intensely within me from the moment I alighted from the confines of the car.
 All around us the silence echoed, the harsh beauty of this untainted land holds a profound knowingness, it's wisdom pulsating out, ready to enshroud those who journey into her folds.
 I was jubilant, every cell in my body dancing as the passion of the bushland merged within me, my heart open like never before to the gifts such places offer, for those who tread upon the earth.
 Finding our marker we now headed south along the Bibbulmun Track, a track that in total is around 1000kms long.
 We noticed though, that the markers are not always easy to see, and often, the track disappeared and we had to stop and try to locate which way to continue, this of course could prove disastrous, as to be lost here, would certainly be a challenge in survival. 
 Above us the sun beamed down, warming autumn light proving a pleasantly comfortable environment to walk in, I would not even consider venturing here in the summer months, the heat too intense, plus, the risk of bush fires could be lethal.
 I was content just to walk, breathing in the scent of the forest.
So intense was the fragrance that I was overwhelmed at the sensitivity of my nostrils, I had never smelt such an array of aromas, I was completely lost in a sensual world of euphoria. 
 As far as the eye could see there was nothing but this never-ending beauty, I was, in heaven, my heart open and filling to the love being offered to me.




 After a period of time we came across one of the camp sites placed along the track for those journeying the entirety of the track. 
 I was impressed by the thought given to the shelter, basic as it was, after a days walking these wooden bunks would be a welcome place to sleep.

 There is even a little barbecue set up, wood provided for the fire.
 Seems all those who use this shelter adhere to the simple code of the camp site, as there was no trace left of previous human visitors, which was heart warming to see.

 Time for a snack,

 And a rest, sitting to take in the view in front of me as I nibbled on an apple.
 Mesmerized completely by the view before me, so filled with gratitude for being where I was, at that precise moment.


 Rest over and with the sun beginning it's decent it was time to retrace our steps.
 Noticing the humble bush toilet on our way back I had to share it, a little bit of 'luxury' in the middle of the bush!
 Overhead the sky was a painting a scene of cosmic delight, clouds drifting across the stage, enhancing the artistry of the heavens.


 Gleefully prancing through the scrub I was a little sad our journey had been so short, I could have stayed endlessly ambling in the warming embrace of the Gaia's love.
 The art of natures creativity was all around, everywhere I gazed the expertise of natures brilliance shone back at me.
 Everything in balance.
All was harmonious.
All was love.

 Everything as it should be.
 Taking one final glimpse before entering the car, acknowledging the truth of existence, the authenticity of life, of my life, of being in human form, taking back with me the essence of this love, the peacefulness settling within me, nurturing my soul and travelling with me always.......

2 comments:

luksky said...

It was nice to walk along with you via your post. I feel the most comfortable when I am amongst nature.

Gemel said...

Kindred spirits you and I Lusky.