Sunday, April 08, 2012

Driving Home.....

 Driving home this morning I felt the glorious energy emanating from my front garden.
The ornamental grasses add movement and colour and hide the brick wall from view, the native hibiscus is beginning to thrive now the cooler weather is upon us, by next summer I will enjoy the boon if its shadow, shading the house from the intense summer heat. 
 Meanwhile the three magnolias I planted to act as a screening hedge from the neighbours unkempt garden have nearly reached the height of the wall, once the spring joins us again perhaps they too will offer their gift of privacy.
 The miniature grasses in between the stepping stones are also flourishing, they need to be trimmed back, and perhaps thinned a little, a nice little task to look forward to.
 The only casualty of the relentless summer heat was the palm in the entrance, the sun burning it's leaves with day after day of forty degree heat. A bit of a trim and the new leaves coming through will   assist the plant in healing as the winter rains return.
 I am pleased that glimpses of greenery are seen through each window of the house, even here at the front door, a tiny flash of green greets me.
 As the morning sun slowly rise in the sky the dancing shadows of the plants add a soothing rhythm to my home, it has become such a peace filled place to reside.

 A place where minutes become hours as I sit and watch the endless artistry of nature unfolding before my eyes.....

1 comment:

efa said...

Great place you have there, you can write poetry about it, and the pictures goes perfect with the words.

Salud!