Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Heading Out.....

 Heading out for an afternoon stroll armed with my trusty camera I stopped to admire two of my favourite sculptures at my corner park.
They are very realistic, which is a good thing I guess, but, it did get me thinking!
 The lack of wildlife in this area is terribly alarming, for me to end up in such a soulless place is quite amazing really, if it was not for my little green haven I would be deeply depressed living amongst the concrete jungle that surrounds me.
 Venturing into a new area that is just being finished I stood for awhile and took in this heartless view. As property prices soar, developers are cramming in as many homes as possible, where not long ago one house stood, now three, sometimes four are squashed together, making the greedy corporations many dollars along the way.
 Street after street of little boxes, the majority all the same, no personality or life seems to throb from the hubs of these homes.
I believe that it is not only the eyes that hold the window to ones soul, I also feel that ones residence also illuminates the state of ones heart.
 As I continued on my way, I was overwhelmed at how many homes are already neglected, an air of defeat seemed to radiate all around me.
 Even the many small parks seem to lack life, despite the fact that they have been designed to provide a small space of natural beauty.
 Unlike the parks of older established suburbs, there was no birdsong to be heard. The lifelessness of this area was profoundly sad, no life in the homes or the land.
 As I continued on my journey home, I took time to take in the view before me, the disconnection of society is deepening, the more of these phoney hamlets that they create, the further the disease spreads.

 The more land the corporations claim, the more our animal brothers and sisters are culled, replacing them with statues that for me are shocking reminders of the sacrifices made for these barren communities.
 For me nothing can replace the grace and beauty of nature, nothing man can build is even in the same league.
 Walking the empty streets on a mild and sunny afternoon was a sign that something is truly lacking within life in the suburbs.
Something is gravely wrong.
 Looking at the image before me I realised that a clear blue sky and  ornate artwork do not provide a nurturing place to reside.


 It is time perhaps to re-educate society in the ways of harmonious and cheerful living.
As the end of this world age looms before us, the disconnection and materialism of these false 'lifestyles' are no longer working.
They are not places of happiness and laughter, they are places of emptiness, with an echo of sadness. 
 Heading home with a heavy heart, I watched as the earth diggers raped more of our gentle Gaia, violating her, and the creatures that once called this place home.
 For me personally this is not progress, there is nothing to be gained from the continued creation of these modern villages.
 They are not places designed to bring people together, they are designed to keep people apart........


No comments: