Saturday, February 18, 2012

Surrounded By A World......

 Surrounded by a world that is becoming more disconnected each day I find sitting in the confines of my leafy retreat such a therapeutic haven.
Authenticity is found in the quiet domains of my heart, in the stillness of resting, listening to the rhythm  of the universe pulsating in unison with the pulse of my own body.
 Laying upon the ground feeling the strength of Gaia oozing up through the earth and rushing into my body whilst gazing heavenward is my truth, for in these eternally endless moments I feel seen for the minute aspect of the universe that I am, a tiny part of this amazing illusion we all reside in.
When did doing and having become more important than being?

When was it that humans decided to leave behind the knowledge of the heart?

To live in an increasingly disjointed society where millions trudge aimlessly to the tune of others drum.
The drum of materialism, greed and stature.
As I weave my way amongst those around me I notice that behind the shiny cars, the fake tan and nails, the perfect fashionable clothing, the shiny trinkets, the show homes and pompous occupations there is something missing in these slaves of materialism.
Their eyes are dull, the twinkle lost.
Making a rare visit into a shopping mall on my way home yesterday I felt like I was entering an alien world, all these people rushing about chattering, loaded with bags of goodies lacked the look of true contentment, there was a deep sadness that radiated within the walls around me, a desperation perhaps.
As I ambled along, I watched the body language of those I passed, gazed at faces, and in that moment I realised how far away from these people I am, how the shallow trappings of modern society weave no magic spell upon me, I felt happily out of place.

As I drove home I watched, as I always do, the antics of the bird folk who share our world, and it is with them that I feel my belonging, for they too see the wealth of our world, the genuine truth, not a false one that has been cultivated to keep us blind to our own nobility...........

3 comments:

Cloudia said...

thank you for sharing this wisdom



Aloha from Waikiki
Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

Gemel said...

You are welcome.
When my heart wishes to speak, there is no stopping it ♥

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I love to people watch too Gemel and I think you are right, so many people walk with stooped shoulders and unhappy faces. It's sad!