Monday, February 27, 2012

Sitting In........

 Sitting in the garden this afternoon I realised how the power of love has transformed this once barren piece of earth, into a relaxing oasis of lush greenery.
 I began planting the back garden last March, so, it is not even one year old, and yet, when I look at these two images, it seems quite unbelievable that this space has been so completely transformed in one year.
It was a comment from a friend the other day got me thinking about this alteration, especially when I was asked what I did I do to create the abundant life that fills this space.

Sitting down to ponder this question I came to realise that the major factor to my gardens health is love!


I spend a lot of time here just sitting and loving this space, acknowledging each plant, stroking them, talking to them, and, welcoming each bloom that opens its beauty within this modest space.

I use no pesticides, and chemical free organic fertilisers once a month to ensure that they receive all the nutrients they require for health, I also do not over water, there is no reticulation, as I did not know how to install it, but, mainly I prefer to spend time with my garden once a day, connecting and admiring the grace the plants return to me.


 It is a place of peace, a place to rest, to stop for awhile and allow the cooling breeze to lull you into a state of restfulness.

 Whether inside, or out, the effect is the same, enticing you to lay back and surrender to the love that radiates around you........

4 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

That is an amazing transformation. I see similar results in our backyard from my wife's efforts.

luksky said...

I love your abode! I especially love the openness the large window gives you. If I could I would live in a glass house..well, mostly anyway. ;)

susan said...

You've done wonderfully well with your whole space but the garden is indeed a showpiece already. What a difference a year made. Love, absolutely but you're wise as well.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It really is amazing how with a bit of water and sunshine and of course a lot of tlc, you can transform a barren spot into a lush haven, well done Gemel, your garden looks lovely.