Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Sacred........

 The sacred power of the circle can be traced back throughout history, the unity of kinship provoked by sitting in a sacred circle is not only beneficial for the individuals sitting in this sacred space, as the energy radiates outward to touch all life upon the planet.

Having been welcomed into a new community I am now sitting in sacred circles a few times each month, drinking ancient medicines, and chanting and singing to acknowledge each full moon.
 Perhaps my favourite medicine is cacao, for the energy she bestows upon humanity is the gift of love. Cacao in its pure form is unlike the chemically enhanced chocolate bars you find in the shops, raw cacao is nurturing and healing, it expands your heart, it is in fact medicine for the heart.
 Each month I now sit in a cacao circle, and for a few hours I am transported deep within my own heart, and at the same time I become merged with the others sitting there with me. Returning to this ancient ritual has awoken a slumbering part of myself, for in this pure state one is able to see past the illusion of modern society.
The magic of cacao does not end once the circle is closed, the bewitchment of cacao once taken, never leaves you, for in the luxurious moments of drinking raw cacao you are opened into an expanded state of awareness, a place of love.

Time has now come for the recognition of the power of ritual, to again acknowledge the wisdom from the ancient cultures of this planet, for those still living outside the modern world, in harmony and peace with the earth, for these cultures hold more wisdom than they are given credit for, they are seen as barbarians, living in poverty in the jungles and deserts across the globe. However, these cultures are to key to humanities survival, and they are offer their teachings and wisdom to those seeking the truth.

I have been directed to follow a path that has lead me to sit with the energies of holiness once again, sharing space with the beautiful beings who have brought this ancient practice to the shores of Australia, I recognise this is no accident, that every situation/relationship/challenge lead me to this moment. For in all the preparation that I had done in being Gemel I opened the path to love, and closed the doors on fear and pain.

Six months ago I was still struggling, alone in a city that I did not feel part of, with no people present in my life story that understood me on any level, now though I understand the years of disconnection and sorrow, I needed to experience the detachment of living in modern society, and, the harrowing pain of ego love, before I could reconnect with the power of true, unconditional, love............



2 comments:

Cloudia said...

Hawaii is the only place in USA where cacao is grown! We make GOOD chocolate too...

thank you Gemel. May our circle be unbroken


Aloha from Waikiki
Comfort Spiral

>< } } ( ° >
><}}(°>

susan said...

Very beautifully said Gemel. It's wonderful you have found your way home to heart's centre. Life is not circular but spirals up and out to embrace all.