Sunday, December 18, 2011

Insects Chirping..............

Insects chirping in the bush indicated the day would be hot, the lack of wind emphasised this fact, already the sun was burning me through the car window as I set off to meet a friend for lunch.


On and on the road stretched, no sign of life, the kangaroos all resting under shady trees as the temperature soars. 


 The sky was amazing yesterday, it seemed oddly bigger than normal, and so exquisitely dreamlike, I was mesmerized as I drove on and on. 

For the first part of my journey I passed hardly any other cars, the road seemingly leading to nowhere, just endless miles of the snaking winding tarmac.
Turning onto Great Northern Highway just north of Bullsbrook this all changed, suddenly I re-entered society, which seemed strangely unnatural after the quite back roads.


 As I was now closer to the foothills, it was here I noticed the effects of the first few weeks of summer heat, the grasses already burnt and dried, soon these fields will be nothing, just dusty, dry and barren.
 Soon too, even these trees will begin to loose the vibrant green shimmer in their leaves, drying up in the harsh summer sun, the farmers do not water them in the summer months, they are left to fend for themselves, stretching their roots down deep into the earth in search of precious water.
 Horses grazing along the roadside took me back to a former life, where I too, once lived surrounded by nature and many horses, reminiscing I drove happily content, suddenly I could feel the warm nuzzle of my favourite horse tickling my neck, the feel of his soft coat as I brushed him.
   Days lived so long ago, now it seems it was not me at all who lived that life, but another person completely.


 Arriving at my rendezvous point my reminiscing was brought to end as my companion joined me and we continued on to our chosen destination. 
 The Rose and Crown in Guildford. 
For Perth it is an old building, although, they have begun to modernise it, seems to be the trend here.
 It was not busy which was great, as often this particular eatery is bursting with customers on such a warm sunny day, I prefer quite places, so it suited me just fine.
 Then I spotted these two, sitting in the water feature to cool off!
 Before bobbing down to ruffle their feathers.
 And splash anyone walking by!
 How delightful to watch them, taking advantage of fresh cooling water, oblivious to the humans coming and going.
 Such a handsome boy too don't you think? 
 We chose a quite table under the shady canopy of the trees, the other patrons sticking closer to the main building, closer to the air conditioning I think! 

 The garden was filled with electrifying colours of the many unusual flowers that grew around the garden.



 Making it a perfect place to share a meal, and stimulating conversation.
 Gazing upward I noticed that the two doves had taken to the roof, to dry and preen their feathers, and 
 To share a moment of love.....................




2 comments:

Ramakrishnan said...

Nice pics, lovely pair of doves

Crazeebee747 said...

How awesome to go on such a wonderful trip for lunch. I have not seen birds bath in such a long time. They were so adorable. Looks like it was a splendid day of beauty and adventure. Love it!