Friday, August 12, 2011

Strange......

 Strange the things that happen when one is focusing upon the moment.
Walking back to my car I suddenly found myself gazing down, there right where my right foot was heading was this Dragonfly.
Instinctively I bent down and encouraged him to move onto my hand, and took him back with me into the car (as one does,) to release him in my little green haven. 
 Content to sit upon the shopping bag for the four minute journey I realised that this little person was perhaps at the end of his journey, transition seemed near.
 I sat with him in my hand for hours, each time I attempted to release him he refused to move, at ease to be nestled in the caring palm of another. 
As I studied him, the flawless beauty of his tiny perfect body I felt such pleasure at being given this opportunity, to hold this delicate being.


 As I sat there thinking about how I came to be sitting in my back garden cradling a dying Dragonfly I had to smile at the simplicity of the gifts of destiny. 
If I had not of gone to the shop at the time I did, if I had not parked where I did, then walk back through the two cars I did, I would have missed him. 
Someone would have either run him over, or stamped on him, never seeing him, nor, admiring his allure.
For me it was more precious than winning the lottery, no amount of money could buy me anything to compare with this cherished encounter.
I wondered as I sat, how many people have taken the time to look at these magnificent creatures, the sheen of their gossamer wings, their minute legs, their inquisitive faces. 
I thought perhaps not many.
Being within the presence of transition (death) is something I do not fear, as I feel we simply move from one dimension to another minus our cumbersome bodies.
Watching the passing of my Dragonfly friend though confirmed for me that when my time comes it is in the garden sounded by nature that I would also like to make this transition, sitting in God, surrounded by God, returning to God..........

3 comments:

Mo said...

dragonflies are so beautiful

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

That was a very discerning drangonfly.

Crazeebee747 said...

A very beautiful, calming and nourishing sentiment. thanks