Sunday, August 21, 2011

On Waking......

 On waking I had thought that I would spend the day having a long beach walk, (just for a change!) 
However after an unexpected invitation I ended up heading in a totally different direction altogether.

After driving east, picking up my fellow traveller and a couple of take away coffees we hunted for a place to sit in the fresh air and sunshine for a long chat.
 Our first topic of conversation was this miniature pine forest set in concrete, both of us thought it was a little disturbing, why on earth would anyone come up with an idea of planting trees and then surrounding them with concrete?
We were baffled, but, we also thought it pretty much summed up the disconnection of society in general.

 Perhaps we both considered that in times to come this would be the only way to see trees, that humanity would have destroyed all the natural forests, seeing trees and the beauty of the wilderness gone forever. 

 Sitting in the warm winter sunshine we noted the abundance of bird life busily chirping around us.
Spring is around the corner, hence the wooing of mates.
We both were content to sit, sipping coffee, warming our bodies, just being with all.

There is something about the rustle of the wind through the trees, I find it incredibly soothing. 
Relaxing.
 Spending such a lot of time walking along the beach I realised how I missed being in the countryside,  a thought that had me disappearing into my memories, strolling through the English countryside once again.

 It is funny how the sound or smells of a moment can transport you to another time, a vastly different place that lingers forever in your heart, and without notice you are swiftly taken back, the intensity of the instant filling your eyes with tears, as memories unfold within your heart.


 Green is something I miss the most, the vibrant green of an English summer, here it is not the same, having said that though, there are few places I expect where you can sit in the winter sunshine in summer clothes, as we discussed this I realised each place has its own boons.
 Stretching out I found myself relaxing deeper into the surroundings, a lazy moment of complete surrender.

 Heading back to the car we again pondered this strange forest.
Wondering if anyone else who passed through would view it as disturbing as we did.
 After dropping my companion back at his car I decided to take the scenic route home.

 Mile after mile of deserted country roads, the warm sunshine streaming into the car made driving a pleasure for a change.
 Not in the mood to return home just yet, I drove to the beach, the smell of the salty air so intense after my time in the park.
 The tide was coming in so I decided not to go for a walk along the shore, instead I just stood and watched, listening the pounding waves, closing my eyes and melding into the scene.



 There used to be a pair of white sea eagles who nested here, but, due to man's interference they have been pushed out, all for the enjoyment of man. I find it increasingly disturbing that no one seems to take into account that other lifeforms have rights too, that humanity does not have ownership of this planet. 


 Driving back home I realised that perhaps there are not many people who see these endless suburbs as ugly, most people are taken in by the new sparkling estates here.
For me though they are void of life, true life, they are just illusions.


Another detour on the my way home though called to me.
Today was a day to linger longer on my meanderings.


This is my local park, a short walk from my house, one I don't often do these days, as I always seem to end up at the beach.
 Sitting and watching the duck folk idly floating upon the water was wonderful, smiling to myself at the simple pleasures that fulfil my heart. 
 Again though I began to lapse into deep thought about how 'perfect' everything is.

 Not a blade of grass out of place.
Too finished, too controlled.
 Happily though I discovered this group of sun-worshippers. 
 Like me they were all watching.
 Silently taking in the vista.

Sitting in stillness.
 Tranquillity transporting me to a realm of silent wonder. 
 A place where I see the magnificence of each leaf.


 Of every feather.
 Each face.
 In all the water that surrounded me I saw it too.
 The divinity of all..............



1 comment:

luksky said...

Your photos are always so beautiful.