Sunday, August 28, 2011

Feeling A Tad....

 Feeling a tad peckish I decided to stop off for lunch at Swan Valley Cafe in Millendon, it serves home cooked vegetarian and vegan food, so just the place for wholesome bite to eat.
 Lots of tables are scattered around in a lovely alfresco area, all very welcoming.
 Having placed my order I went to have a look around the nursery, noting that all the plants are beginning to bud, another little hint that the weather is about to change.

 Returning to my table I was pleased to find a bowl of steaming spicy black bean soup waiting for me, after all the walking this morning my tummy was rumbling in anticipation.
 Taking in the view as I sat alone in the cafe I noted the stirrings of colour in the gardens surrounding me, the humming of bees and the melodic songs of birds added to the ambiance. 
 Not being one to eat out a lot I decided on having a piece of cake, the only one I could have was this vegan chocolate and beetroot cake with cashew cream.
It looked rather delicious but alas I could not finish it, too sweet and too much for someone who seldom eats cake.
 With a satisfied stomach and a little rest it is now time to move on to the next place on our itinerary.....

No comments: