Monday, August 08, 2011

Another Storm......

 Another storm front looms off the coast, the raging winds howling with such vengeance it is difficult to endure its forcefulness. 
 Pelting rain thrashes against my face, my skin stinging with each biting strike.
 Out of nowhere a single hawk appears, it's tiny body gracefully gliding through the tempestuous air.
Such a fragile being taking on the vehement hostility of our earthy mother.
 Pounding waves pummel the shore, the strength of their invasion intensifying as the squall draws ever closer.
 Yet, still above me the hawk remains.
Fascinated I watched in complete astonishment at the remarkable might of this amazing bird.
Many of us walk around in a slumbering daze, neither seeing, feeling or hearing the eternal brilliance of natures bounty.
 Instead many focus their attention on the mirage of humanity and its material treasures, the delusional world of technology, a world where wants and needs are never satisfied, as the prizes sort after cannot quench an unfulfilled soul. 
 Truth is here before me, beauty of incomprehensible nobility, so exquisitely holy that I surrender myself to mingle with the transcendental spirit that surrounds me........ 

1 comment:

luksky said...

Storms are beautiful. I wish I saw more of them but rain is a rare pleasure in my part of Texas