Sunday, July 17, 2011

Slowly.......

 Slowly meandering through the quiet village lanes, enraptured by the joyful children who ran out to greet me.
Entering another world vastly different from my own, feeling astonishingly content.
More locals calling out their friendly greetings.

Cheeky smiles warming my heart.

Having heard so much negativity about Bali from the Australians I have to say that I was overwhelmed by the gentleness that fused through every placed I ventured.
Miles of rice paddies stretched out before me, the silence broken by the occasional rustle of leaves as a faint breeze attempted to cool the searing midday heat.

Sacred mountain water trickled alongside the rustic avenues.
Delicate flowers blooming amongst the rice fields, tiny blossoms of purity.
Mile upon mile of sheer artistry, life felt real here, radiantly authentic, the prospect of returning to the western world repelled me even more than it had prior to my departure, I have never belonged locked within the prison of its mindless societies, being here highlighted this fact strongly.
Simplicity of being me is something that is lost as I am forced to take part in the senseless western life I lead, in the asylum of natures oasis I felt seen and so boundlessly loved.
Lost in the astounding radiance that unfolded before me, endlessly consumed by rapturous serenity.
Entering the outskirts of another quaint village the ornate temples drew me out of my meditation.
The gaiety of a community preparing offerings for ceremony, watching them all working together in complete harmony was inspiring, it felt natural and somehow soothing to see such kinship.
A doorway stands before me, an opportunity to manifest change, change required to sooth my soul and to follow my heart.
All I need do is trust the intrinsic whispers in my soul.............

No comments: