Thursday, July 07, 2011

Beautiful Brown Eyes..........

 Beautiful brown eyes gazing back at me, innocence born into a life of atrocious confinement, her life soon will become one of such limitation that I really did fail to get my head around what I was seeing.
 Before departure to Bail there was a great deal of controversy surrounding the live export of cattle to Indonesia, I was concerned after hearing stories of savage abuse and sadistic slaying techniques that I may encounter scenes that would be difficult to deal with, yet apart from the way most of the cattle were kept, all that I happened upon were, given their primitive and restrictive abodes, well fed, and by all accounts, content. 
The first time I saw the cows enclosures I did not realise that they never moved from the structures at all, it was only the calves that had free rein to walk without constraints, all the adult cows ate and slept in the same spot, in some cases the stable was not cleaned out, so these gentle creatures would also have to endure standing and sleeping in their own waste. 
I found this difficult to view, yet the calmness of these divine creatures really did surprise me, they really did seem so peaceful.
 I did though happen upon this one little family where even the mother was free to roam, which brought much to joy to me, perhaps the farmer was a little more aware than the others, or, maybe they just happened to have available land for the cows to occupy, whatever the reason I decided that these three cows were the luckiest on the island................

No comments: