Saturday, July 09, 2011

All Homes.............

 All homes in Bali have their own private temples, the decoration at this one though was particularly ornate. 
The craftsmanship of the carvers is astounding. 
The grass for the cattle is also used as a natural fence, an ingenious and harmonic way to fence ones property as it grows incredibly high.
This tree of lichen surrounded by swaying palms, plants melded together in a symphony of shades and textures that murmured to my heart, the alluring display of natures gifts left me spellbound, dizzy with love.
Nestled at the edge of the jungle sat this ornate village temple, it's mystical tone echoed out to caress me as I trailed behind my contented guides.
Suddenly, rounding a corner the vista opened up, peeking out from a halo of clouds stood the islands holy mountain.
In a couple of days I will climb a neighbouring volcano, where I will view this majestic peak from a closer vantage point, although the eminence of its presence already commanded my attention.  

Feeling its intrinsic force pulsating through the breeze, demanding attention as the wisdom of the ages weeps into my veins.
Never had I had such a dreamlike day, mountains and banana plantations, sacred trees and bewitching blooms, drifting along in a waking dream.........

2 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I'm enjoying your trip to Bali. The grass fences are fascinating.

Gemel said...

Glad you liked our journey Yogi, many more tales still to tell...