Monday, April 25, 2011

Another afternoon....

Another afternoon of planting has seen me left with only one more section of the back garden to be completed, this time though, the ground was more forgiving, my shovel meeting no more resistance as hidden rocks presented themselves to me, making my previous progress slow, and physically depleting.
I now have the sealing of the pond to attend to, and then decide where it is I wish it to reside. I have decided on placing a wicker bench in amongst the garden, eventually when the foliage has grown it will be a place to sit snuggled within a canopy of green, to sit as the scents of orange jasmine, magnolias and frangipanis float upon the breeze, beginning a transporting journey, trickling droplets of water in the pond compose a calming tune, as the gentle droning of the bees stills you further, allowing you to drift off into an altered state of deep relaxation.
A place of peace.
A place to lounge on cushions scattered in the sun, laying as the warm rays envelop you, lazily reclining, drifting off into peaceful slumber.
As the days pass by the garden will expand, the plants adjusting to their new abode, stretching their roots deep into the earth, bonding deep into her nurturing embrace.
Sitting in the dazzling sun I rested, feeling a presence surround me, joining me in mute communion as I linked myself to the new life flourishing around me and the vision I hold in my heart................

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Looks beautiful, Gemel. It will be so shady and peaceful when it is grown.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Lots of hard work but it looks like you are going to have a great front and back gardens to enjoy.