Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Yesterday I......

Yesterday I spent a few hours at Lights Beach.
With the hills towering above me as I splashed through the cool water I could have been the only person in the world, I half expected to see dinosaurs appearing on the horizon, this beach has a prehistoric feel to it, millions of years has not altered its ragged splendor.
The waves were relentless in their assault on the shore, the pounding as the waves crashed against the sand was deafening, the current of the undertow was dangerously fierce, I was mindful not to venture out too deep as I explored.
Again I was surprised to see the beach deserted, however I relished in the isolation of this incredible place.
Sitting on the warm granite boulders watching the surf continuously thrashing the delicate sand held me captive for hours...........

No comments: