Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Taking A Morning......

Taking a morning stroll around the township of Denmark yesterday was a relaxing beginning to my day.
Being out of the main tourist season I found it rather enjoyable ambling the quiet meandering roads, content to be unseen watching life in motion surrounding me.
Denmark is nestled in the hills surrounded by farms and vineyards, which of course are the main sources of income down here, closely followed by tourism.
With this in mind most of the towns shops were targeted at the continual stream of tourists that visit the town all year round.
Having a large community of alternative residents and a number of healing retreats dotted around the outskirts of the town I found that a many of the retailers were targeting this niche of the market.
Browsing the stores and realizing that my attraction to 'stuff' had disappeared had me smiling to myself as I wandered along.................

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm feeling the same way. No desire for stuff - almost the opposite. I want to get rid of anything not needed.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I'm with you. Stuff is just stuff. I just like wandering around looking at things being invisible.