Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Highlight...........

The highlight of my vacation would have to be visiting the Tingle Forest.
The Tingle trees are amazing, many giants towering above the rest of the forest folk.
One of the Tingle Trees in the forest is actually the oldest Tingle Tree (Eucalyptus) in the world, the energy of the ancient mammoth was astounding, I always hug and caress trees as I pass them, much to the amusement of others, however, touching these trees was quite an experience.
Walking above the Tingle Trees is vital I learnt as they have very shallow root systems, therefor lots of tourists marching all over them would actually kill the forest, which is why they built the tree top walk I expect.
I thoroughly enjoyed this sensation, the swinging of the bridge was soothing, being high up above the ground I felt light, free, weightless.
Hearing the rustling leaves so close to my ears was amazing, the depth of their whispering made me smile, as it was far more musical than when one is on the ground, their songs infused me with joy.
I did not mind looking down either, although my friend was not sharing my enthusiasm, bless her, as I merrily walked along she was turning a funny shade of green.........

2 comments:

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

That bridge looks amazing. What fun to walk through the top of trees!

Natalie said...

Awesome walk!