Sunday, November 07, 2010

Beginning My Day.....

Beginning my day with the unhappy task of dropping my cat's off at the cattery I headed out onto the open country roads, embarking on 525 kilometer drive to Denmark to visit my friends who moved to Australia a year ago.
The roads where fairly quiet, and as it was late morning by the time I actually reached the country roads I was certain that I would not encounter any travelling kangaroos.
I was advised to be mindful not to drive at dawn or dusk as this is when the kangaroos are most active.
I was actually told to watch for hoppers (kangaroos) and coppers (police.)
Kilometer after kilometer disappeared in my rear view mirror, before me, the endless road snaked forward leading me into uncharted territory, towards a new adventure....

No comments: