Monday, August 16, 2010

The Beginning...........

The beginning of my Spanish journey began yesterday with my decision to do the Pilgrim walk to Santiago. I have a lot of preparation to do, which includes increasing my fitness levels.
Although I am already quite fit, my beach walks make certain of that, but, to have a brisk walk along the beach for an hour or two each day is a little different to walking all day for six weeks.
So....
I have begun to push myself a little more starting today.
Instead of splashing around in the water on my walks I will begin alternating it with walking in the deeper sand.
Also once the water warms up I will also walk through the water at thigh depth which is excellent for strengthening muscles without added strain.
On the weekends I may head further a field and look for hills and stairs to climb as well.
With all that to do May will be here before I know it.
And then these feet will be frolicking in a Spanish sea.............

2 comments:

GYPSYWOMAN said...

well, good for you lady!!! and to have the ocean to walk in no matter when or for how long, a thing divine, isn't it!!!

Jaky said...

Ah, wow! Journeys! Love them!