Sunday, May 30, 2010

When Fiji..................

When Fiji first came into view I was utterly mesmerised, all of a sudden I felt exhilarated at what I was to encounter on my vacation.
As the islands became closer I felt a wave of excitement arouse me, the green was what I noticed first, vibrant and so incredibly alive. The green is what I miss the most about living in Perth, no longer do the summers hold the hues of shimmering green of an English summer, even in the winter it is still often dry, the foliage clinging to life wit sheer determination. But, here below me was a string of emerald islands, a feast for my eyes.
Mountains, volcano's, jungles, mangroves, it was all lying there below me, waiting for me, calling me, welcoming me...................

2 comments:

Ronda Laveen said...

Great photos. I'm enjoying your virtual Fiji trip.

luksky said...

*Sigh* Absolutely beautiful!!!