Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sitting Here.............

Sitting here deep in thought, attempting to figure out the workings of my new camera, passing the time until I could leave for the airport,
I was tired, stressed and nothing was more appealing to me at this moment than getting on the plane and heading to Fiji.
Not knowing what I would encounter, or how I would react was on my mind, but, not the main focus.
The main focus was rest, and lots of it!
Having time to myself, was what I wanted more than anything, no rushing, no schedule, just whatever it is I wish to do, to unwind and finally meet myself.
Actually I was confident at my ability to accept whatever this vacation had to offer me.
Little did I know that I would find for the first time in my life complete and utter peace.
Landing at Brisbane after having spent the entire flight from Perth blissfully sound asleep, I was totally relaxed when I woke, wondering how long it would be until we landed.
Then, as if to answer my silent question an announcement came advising the crew to prepare for landing, I was impressed.
First five hours done, only another nine to go!
On my excursion from Brisbane Domestic Airport to the International Terminal I met my first Fijian. We had been talking for around ten minutes before I knew this fact, we were both just heading to the train that would take us from one terminal to the other.
We really did hit it off, chatting non stop about all sorts to things, he was so friendly that I found mys self thinking, if all Fijian people are this friendly I am going to have an absolute ball.
During our stroll around the International Terminal I was taken with all these sculptures, at times I had to remember I was actually at an airport, with the sun streaming through the windows, it was as if I was just having breakfast with a friend in shopping mall, it was all a little surreal I must say, and a fantastic beginning to an incredible journey................
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Can't wait to hear more about the vacation!

Jaky said...

Hey Big Girl, you are back! How are you babies? Hope those people cared enough.

GYPSYWOMAN said...

hey lady, just dropping by to say hello and can't wait to hear more! hope you're all rested from your vacation!