Sunday, May 02, 2010

The Journey Home.......

The journey home from the vets on Friday was a tad harrowing for my precious baby boy.
For the first few minutes in the car he sat, in stunned silence, perhaps thanking his lucky star that he was out of that place.
But that soon changed!
Once he turned to look my way, his eyes pleading for me to hold him, purring so loudly that it made me cry.
And then..... He started to cry and cry. Desperate to be out with his mummy, thankful perhaps that I had not sent him away for good.
At one point he did stop long enough to relax for a few seconds, but in the end I had to turn off the main road and look for an alternative route home as he became more and more frantic in his cat carrier. Having to stop several times on the way home to refasten his lampshade collar made him even worse I think, as each time I locked him once again in the horrid container.
Towards the end he became that upset that I did let him out, I could not stand the crying and the look of desperation a moment longer. He settled then on my lap as I drove the last mile or so.............

No comments: