Saturday, March 06, 2010

I Caught Up............

I caught up with a friend of mine that I had not seen since I moved into this house, which was August last year, she said that she had painted a portrait of me and wanted to give it to me.
Well firstly I was surprised that she had done a painting of me, seeing that I had not sat for her I was interested in what the painting would be like........
It is stunning, although, as you can see it does not resemble the outer me much at all!
She sees me as a lioness, with flowers in my hair, free, wild, strong.
She felt that I needed a reminder of the strength that resided within me, of the connection that I have with the animal world that radiates from me.
Your time, she told me is Now, be like the the queen of the cats and all your dreams will come true.......

4 comments:

Jaky said...

It's beautiful!!!!!!!!!! not to mention, men like lionesses.

Marlene said...

what a beautiful portrait..and a powerful sentiment..she is a wise friend.

Melissa said...

Perfect, just perfect. your friend has a beautiful vision. The painting is just so stunning.

GYPSYWOMAN said...

what a wonderful gift - in all ways! isn't it wonderful to know how others perceive us!!! beautiful!