Thursday, July 30, 2009

From The Moment

From the moment that I found her by the side of the road close to death....................... And during those early days of wondering whether she would survive.............. Blossom captivated and captured my heart, merged with my soul completely. What I did not realize was that she also weaved her way through the hearts of many others as I shared her journey on my modest blog. When I first saw this photographic tribute (below) to my beautiful Blossom from ML on Cat Blogoshere and Purrs and Purrayers Bloggie I burst into a flood of tears, such a moving gift to receive at a time of great sadness...... Thank you all for your beautiful words, your healing wishes and for the gift of kinship that regardless of physical distance has found its way to my heart, that love has found a way to shine through......... I will be having a memorial service for Blossom when I feel the time is right, (yes, there will be photos.) I will be buying either a flowering cherry or magnolia tree, (can't decide which yet,) to plant in a large pot, where I will place her ashes. Then each spring Blossom will blossom, her love and essence alive forever in the life force of the tree, being reborn each year as the delicate flowers bloom, spreading their elegant beauty to brighten my world, caressing my tender heart with the memory of a divine white angel cat who was flawlessly celestial..........................

5 comments:

mel said...

What a lovely tribute to your beautiful girl....

I love the idea of a flowering tree...how perfect, for one called Blossom....

~blessings~

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

What a little beauty!

Marlene said...

yes..wonderful a tree to blossom with the love from Blossom..
she will always benear you.

L. Alida said...

Hi sweetie. I saw that you lost your baby on the Cat Blogosphere and I felt a need to visit you.
Please know there are so many who truly understand how you feel and the depth of your love for Blossom.
I have learned that losing a heart kitty is not something to get over, but, something to get through. Some days are better than others. My tears today are for you and sweet Blossom. And as always for my beloved girl.
Sending gentle hugs and the sound of soft purrs your way,
Lorianna

Anonymous said...

If I had two wishes Gem, one would be that my Laura was free of pain - the other would be that everyone had a tenth of the kindness and compassion that you have within.

How much better the world would be...

PPLP

x