Monday, June 15, 2009

Perfection.............

Perfection surrounds us, everywhere in the glory of life there is a miracle emanating its brilliance out into the world. However humble or insignificant it may appear............... Delicate, vulnerable, astounding. Snails are marvelous creatures, slow and methodical they leave a shimmery trail in their wake as they meander, slowly through life............ Stepping on or killing such a elegant form of life would be unforgivable to me, so enthralled by their existence and the sheer feat survival is for them, each moment life threatening predators loom, just waiting for them to appear , leaving the safety of their garden wonderland........ I remember a few years ago I sat in the tranquil gardens of Dove Cottage (home of William Wordsworth), in Grasmere soaking up the warm summer sun, surrounded by the fragrance of roses, wallfowers and honeysuckle drifting in the air, I watched as a solitary snail began its journey across the grassy path. So enthralled was I that time appeared to stand still, lost in the marvel of the astonishing little creature before me, thinking that apart from eating a few plants here and there, they do in fact offer no threat to man at all, yet, many people poison or squash these beings without a second thought. In my garden they roam freely, eating whatever they choose, like all the other garden dwellers, to me our Creator gave them to the world for a reason, and who are we to end their life in a brutal and painful way, if they fancy a nibble here and there in my garden, so be it, the plants will grow a new leaf, after all, they are only doing what our Creator intended them to do........................

2 comments:

Ronda Laveen said...

Ouch, just made me rethink what I was feeling an hour ago when I noticed the little beggers had eaten a number of my zinnias down to a nubbin. Doing the humble dance now.

mel said...

Indeed...there's the thought there to just plant an extra one - so there's enough to share...