Tuesday, June 09, 2009

My Haven.............

My haven, nurtured by my own loving hands is now becoming a daily feeding grounds for many local birds............ The brushwood fence is a favourite perch for the Willy Wagtails, Honey Eaters and of course my beloved Crows. They all spend time here, sometimes just to sit, other times to feast on the tiny insects that live amongst the wooden tangle........... My garden stills me, I find that although we are locked within the boundaries of the urban sprawl I enter a sanctuary when I walk through the door and into my thriving garden. Most if it still newly planted, not even a year old, yet the life that it has brought forward has enriched my life..................... Flowers bud, and as they reach full bloom the honey eaters swarm to gather nectar, feasting on the sweet delectable honey as they fly from one flower to the next. The grasses sway enticing me into a world that is serene, free from expectation, pain and sorrow. Here I am free to unite with the essence of all that surrounds me, to loose myself to the unspoken harmony that radiates within the boundaries of my private retreat.............. As I watch those who join me in unspoken gratification for the gifts of my effort I feel humbled by their presence, knowing that only they feel my love for the precious foliage that surrounds us, gifting us a love so pure that many fail to see their bequest. The gifts of the plants that grow amongst us in this chaotic world of ours are dismissed, unseen as millions of us step blindly forward day after day, not seeing the real reason for their existence, caught up instead of attaining recognition and wealth from the man made institutions instead. To see the wealth in their own back garden fails to reach most people as they have taken on hard personalities that are needed if you wish to succeed in the modern uncaring world, where if it doesn't make you rich, then it is worthless..............

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Hello dear friend....just wanted to tell you that I think your garden is really amazing...you should be well proud of yourselves...incredible how it has changed from a sand pit.... dead and lifeless to something that is slowly getting the birds to come...mmmm not sure baout the crows tho...know that they are beautiful and have their place like anything but I just know they will be checking out for any nice little nestlings from all your geourgeous small birds...
tis wonderful to see how ll those plants are coming on and a great move putting the brushwood type fencing in...please more photos of plants at the back of pool ...want to see how big they are now....see you one day soon..