Monday, June 08, 2009

As We Prepared.................

As we prepared to leave Swallows Welcome I found myself wondering why so few of us listen to our hearts and allow our dreams to become a reality, why do we imprison ourselves in lives that are shallow, meaningless to all except those that profit from our endless toil? Can we not see that true beauty resides in us all, and that all of us are capable of creating our own heaven on earth. If we stand aside from our self and our incessant nagging we could all find our own private Nirvana.............. This holiday had shook me up from the inside out, I found myself questioning all that my life consisted of, all that I do, all who I know. I could see that I was not living my truth, that I had fallen into the mundane humdrum of 'civilised' life, that my soul had started to surrender to the numbness that I felt encasing me, with doing so sending me deeper into myself. I know that I am not content, my life is too regimented and normal for me, even though I am working in the nursery surrounded by nature, I still reside in the prison of suburbia, an existence that I detest, one that I know I have to get out of.................... Glimpses of myself through the innocent eyes of nature always has the ability to rouse me from my self imposed slumber, it will see me fighting myself in an attempt to overcome the normality of my existence. I will sabotage myself with actions and habits as I refuse to rectify the calling of my heart, but, I know that the calling will continue, that I will have no choice than to open up to my soul, to follow the spirit within to manifest my world, my way, before it is too late...............................

1 comment:

luksky said...

Some of us have ignored that calling for so long that we don't even recognize it anymore....