Tuesday, June 09, 2009

As A Storm Rages.....

As a storm rages outside, rain lashing against the window with such force I wonder, just for a moment if the window might break. Rain is something that I have been longing for, to walk along in solitude in the company of the rain is one of my favorite things to do, splashing in puddles, going inside and having that first hot drink, warming you from within as you now all snug can watch the rain in comfort. Wet weather always has me reminiscing about being in England, saddens me somehow as I recall my embracing winter walks, climbing mountains and secluded forest strolls, sees me pining for a return of the crisp fresh air that smells so incredibly wintry. The rain here in Western Australia is unlike the gentle persistent drizzle that liked to settle upon us in jolly olde England, the rain here as you can see is downright torrential, it takes mere seconds to be drenched to the core, shivering and sodden. Just for once I was glad to have been inside when the heavens opened, giving us the long awaited end to summer............

1 comment:

BipolarBunny said...

Another great picture.