Saturday, May 02, 2009

Out On A Quiet.....................

Out on a quiet morning stroll before the heat of the day was upon me I came across these three crows, the two in the background were up to something, chattering the entire time. The fellow closest to me kept looking up at them and talking back, not really wanting to be in on the action. Something was of real interest to them, what on earth were they up to? Getting a drink! How ingenious. This clever crow had taken the time to not only loosen, but to take off and place neatly on the ground this piece (of some lucky gardeners) reticulation! I was impressed with the skill used to master this feat, bless them a well earned drink indeed. As I walked away I had a giggle to myself, when the owner of the house finally comes across a piece of the reticulation laying on the ground, it will not be crows that will be blamed for its removal, I can just see the frustrated gardener shaking his/her head and say, kids!

2 comments:

luksky said...

How funny! We have a very noisy bird here in Austin Texas called a Grackle. It is very closely related to the Crow. It looks much like the crow only smaller. They are very intelligent. We have actually seen them watching the traffic lights at the intersections downtown. They will wait until the light changes and then run out into the busy streets to get their awaited "treat".

Nancy said...

I love crows because of this blog - I thought you might find this post interesting:

http://phantsythat.blogspot.com/2009/02/big-bird-brains.html