Thursday, May 28, 2009

I Wondered...................

I wondered as I drove along to work yesterday morning whether anyone is seeing what I was seeing.. Each morning as I drive to work I drive towards the glory of dawn, some mornings the sky is tinged with hues of mauve and pink, subtle echos of angels painting a morning of purity as the sun rises. Other days finds the vibrant shades of peaches and apricots, yellows so bright and refreshing that I smile beaming at the masterpiece before me. When I see the blood red canvas of clouds shimmering with the prospect of rain I witness a portrait so vivid that I often drive dumbfounded by its earthly beauty. The only other beings I observe seeing the glory before me are the birds, especially the magpies, they lie up in eager anticipation of the waking of the Sun, gleeful facing the rising orb joining in with a morning chorus of thanks and worship to the purity of the morning. Who else is watching this, as I sit and wait at the traffic lights, no one seems to notice what is happening around them, they drive blindfolded to the magic of dawn, to a gift that is given to us every day, yet every morning is mesmerizing and unique never to be repeated again. To be asleep to the glory of nature to me would be like being a zombie, staggering through life not ever seeing anything, not the REAL things, the gifts of our creator. I wonder how many people never witness the dawn, seeing a living spectacle so inspiring and breathtaking, so powerful in its unblemished beauty that it can reach inside your heart and infuse your soul with love, giving you bliss that can be found nowhere else, yet within its simplicity it can thaw a frozen heart...................

3 comments:

luksky said...

I have often wondered the very same thing myself.

Marlene said...

I was a Zombie once.I drove to my 9 to 5 job in international sales for years oblivious to the world around me...I was surrounded by a capsule of unhappiness which is created when you do day after day things that are against your very nature...The choice was mine to change..but I was to numb to reach for it..I understand those people..My husband and I retired early 8 years ago came to this rural coastal town and my soul was reborn here...my capsule desolved and I became free to see and feel and experince life as it should be, near nature..with my animals and garden and the sea..I feel blessed . I feel free. I think of those I left behind often.

Melissa said...

The morning sun is a beautiful gift.