Friday, April 03, 2009

Sheep People..........

Out and about on one of my nature walks I encountered these two beautiful sheep people, as always when passing a field of animal folk I go up and speak to them, (or if they are too far away I shout a hello.) These two casually strolled over to the gate where I stood, even allowing me to pat them as I rambled on to them about this and that. For a moment I stood there watching them and connecting to them with my heart , suddenly I felt an enormous sadness engulf me, as I contemplated their fate. Benign harmless creatures that, if given the chance are every bit as loving and devoted as a family pet, in fact, one of my friends has had many sheep pets and all of them had distinct personalities and funny little habits as do our feline and canine companions, they knew her and her friends by sight and would run to greet you when you enter their grassy abode for a cuddle and a chat. Enjoying the bliss of a lazy day surrounded by the fragrance of summer daisy's not a care in the world was troubling these precious beings, content with the sun on their backs and enough grass to fill their tummies, paradise....................

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no comments today. Gem, love ya so much! You are a Gem, at least for me.

By the way, Let's celebrate something. Have any idea?

BipolarBunny said...

hello little sheepies!

Anonymous said...

sure. Just send me a beautiful photo, and some words you would like to include. Also write me your fav. color.