Saturday, January 24, 2009

Our Winter Hideaway

Surrounded by sheep and fields, this was our winter hideaway, it was so isolated out here that you had to drive for around five minutes before a signal was found for the mobile phone, and that is no bad thing, it was bliss to be free of ringing phones for three whole weeks................
Our part of the cottage was on the left, the top room was the bedroom, it overlooked the gentle sheep folk who grazed away regardless of the frosty temperature outside.................
I had visions of living here forever, it was incredibly quiet and had such a soothing ambiance, relaxing me to the core. I was in my element surround by nature, with countless pathways and hilltop walks beckoning me to explore...............
I did not find out how old the cottage was, how many stories could be told, if only these walls could speak...................

No comments: