Thursday, March 06, 2008

Today I had one of my rare visits to the city which as usual was an interesting adventure, and as always I came away glad that I am not one of the nine to fivers, it was lunchtime and what struck me the most was what was happening during this lunch hour, most people were walking around with a phone glued to their ear whilst attempting to eat their lunch and talk at the same time. No one appeared to be relaxed, and certainly no one was eating their lunch at a unhurried pace, they were chewing frantically between sentences and waiting for the next opportunity to gobble down some more. The people who were lunching in groups were equally as stressed, talking and eating at the same time whilst scanning the passing foot traffic I guess in case anyone of interest walked past. I wondered as I ambled along whether any of these people ever took the time to sit in a park to eat their lunch in silence god forbid and in peace. Do they yearn for still time? Could they actually sit still? Would they be able to be without their phone for an hour? Do we really require a phone with us twenty four hours a day? All these questions were whizzing around my head as I walked on searching for my destination, I know my own mobile phone lives somewhere in the bottom of my bag, and is often lost, when I remember that I ought to take it with me when I go out I have to ring it to find out where it is that I last had it. However I digress, stillness or lack of it was what I witnessed today, many people are blissfully unaware to the benefit of still time, how even as little as half an hour would recharge and enliven them, creating new energy to surge around their body thus giving them renewed vitality for the rest of their working day. Many people I speak to say that they do not have the time to be still, that they are too busy to fit in a walk, or a quiet period for reflection throughout their day, yet you can achieved stillness anywhere, perhaps turning off the radio on the drive home from work, watering the garden, cooking, hanging out the washing, simple daily chores can also be wonderful opportunities for centering ones self and returning to the stillness within. Stillness heals so much, costs nothing and answers many questions, yet many are still oblivious to its benefits. With the Light raising its vibrations upon our beautiful planet I trust that more people will awaken to their power within, and by doing so scenes such as I encountered today will become less frequent.......

No comments: