Tuesday, March 18, 2008


If all life is sacred, how is it that most view some lives more sacred than others? All life is apart of me, I am apart of all life, this has been something that I have always felt, and the more I walk my path the deeper this connection becomes. There a many souls waking to their souls purpose and yet still we see our animal companions abused and suffering, many not seeing the presence of the universe pulsating within these precious beings. Yesterday I was given a unique and humbling experience to witness the trust and and the love of a tiny helpless baby mouse. This little treasure is still unable to see or to hear, its eyes and ears are still closed, it is still reliant upon hourly feeds of milk to ensure it's survival, being rescued from a stable by a friend of mine from certain death, this little mouse is unaware of how blessed he is, had someone else happened upon him at that exact moment in time instead of my friend then there would not have been a happy ending to this story. I was asked to watch him yesterday and what an honor that was, I felt like I was holding the universe within the palm of my hand, a tiny little field mouse who has only one thing on his mind................... milk!
He is perfection, and so adorable, he trusts the hands that pick him up to nurture him. I was overcome with an incredible love as I fed this little mouse, as he snuggled down after feeding I sat and watched him breathing, feeling my heart beating was soothing to him, he felt safe, he was warm and I was in love. He has no idea how incredible his journey is thus far in his very short mouse life, he does no know that most of humanity still views animals as a commodity, that many would have hit him with a spade, or worse thrown him to a dog or cat to eat. I know that we are given many wonderful moments in our days, all adding to the enrichment of our soul, each unraveling our purpose a little more, bringing us closer to our real self, if we are listening that is. Yesterday I was aware of the connection between me and this divine little mouse, and I am honored to have been given this moment to feel the intensity of love in its purest form, unconditional love. To see that nothing separated me from this mouse except the shape of the body that we currently inhabit, it was an incredible and breathtaking experience that has touched my heart and moved my soul.

No comments: