Friday, November 09, 2007

Listening to the sounds of waves breaking gently on the shore has a soothing effect on me, the sound of water whether it is a river, waterfall, lake, stream or ocean induces a trance like tranquility to my soul.

I love to be in water, especially the ocean, there is something completely serene about floating in the salty water, being bobbed up and down by the current. Although I am as relaxed in any water, pool, spa, or bath. Perhaps it is the weightlessness, or the sounds of the world disappearing when I put my ears under the water, hearing only the gentle rhythm of my own breath. I only enjoy quiet beaches, somewhere not so popular and full of people, where the only other company you have is often the wildlife, that is my true bliss.
I wonder what it is that decree's a persons love of nature? I feel it is intrinsic to ones soul, and I also believe that the closer you become to attaining a Oneness with all life forms the richer the connection becomes. I remember singing to ants when I was a child, talking to the flowers and birds, snails, and of course my many pets has always given me far much more satisfaction than the complicated relationships I have had with my fellow humans.
However I choose to commune with nature, floating in water, walking in the woods, climbing a mountain, or talking to the plants and animals I always feel myself returning to a nothingness that feels astoundingly mammoth, a nothingness that is deeply connected to the very core of my being, it is what I am, who I am, where I am and where I desire to return.

No comments: