Sunday, March 25, 2007

Morning


I love the stillness of the morning, the silence that is so refreshing and balancing to my soul, I love to sit and watch the darkness as dawn slowly approaches listening to the waking birds as they sing to greet the new day, seeing the stars fade one by one, invisibly shining above us we go about our daily business, often so caught up in our routines that we fail to notice the miracles that surround us constantly. Without hesitation I would have to say that my favourite time of day is dawn, closely followed by the setting of the sun, I feel that my deep intrinsic connection to Egyptian and Mayan cultures is of lives lived long ago, of the ritual and ceremony that was part of my day and my life then and still is. With each passing day I feel myself awakening to my yesterdays, of a knowledge that was suppressed while I searched my soul for the meaning of this life of mine, here in a time that makes little sense to me, with all focus on the outward accumulation of material possessions and no time left to know the self, of knowing that there is more to life than what we are told, that the personal quest is the greatest quest of all. The total fulfillment of the soul, and remembering exactly why we are here, in this body in this NOW is what life is all about, of waking to the knowledge that we a far more than what we are told we are, we are all magnificent, each and every one of us, regardless of race or 'status', we are all ONE.

No comments: